Search Letters Formats Here

Letter for Cancellation of Name from Ration Card after Marriage

This format of letter is also applicable for application letters for transfer of ration cards after marriage.

After marriage of a girl, the girl's name has to be deleted from the family member list of the father's ration card, as her name will then be added in the family member list of her husband's ration card.

application letter for cancellation of name from ration card after marriage
Generally, a cancellation certificate is requested by the applicant as a proof that the removal request has been processed in the name of the concerned family member who got married.

The application form for deletion of name might be in the format as may be prescribed by the Government office. Please check with them. Otherwise, write a simple letter giving all the required details and requesting for removal of name.


Dated .................

(Name of the Applicant)
(Residential Address)
(Mobile Number)

The Ration Card Officer
Civil Supplies Department
Collectorate Office

Sub: Application for deletion of a family member's name from the Ration Card

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am the holder of a ration card bearing no. ................. My daughter Ms. ..................., age .... years recently has got married on (date) and currently residing with her husband at (address) in .... Taluka. Her husband will be applying for addition of her name to his ration card in their locality. Hence, her name has to be deleted from my ration card in order to enable his husband to get her name added in their ration card.

I, therefore, kindly request you to delete her name from my Ration Card bearing no. ................ and a Cancellation Certificate be issued to transfer the said name in the Ration Card of her married place in ................. Taluka.

I am enclosing herewith attested photocopy of her Marriage Certificate and my Ration Card for doing the needful.

I shall be grateful to you for processing my application at the earliest possible.


(Name of the applicant)

(1) Ration Card (Original)
(2) Marriage Certificate (Certified Copy)

Letter for Cancellation of Name from Ration Card after Marriage


  1. Thanks very much for the good format. I needed something like this.

  2. Thank you for the letter sir. :)

  3. if there is no marriage cirtificate then any other option sir.

    1. Please contact the nearest Government office who is accepting such application. They can guide you properly on documents requirements.

  4. What is the format of consent letterof one card holder to transfer one person's name to another ration card.

  5. Sir mere sister da name katona si

  6. Who needs to apply .in person or any family' member

    1. Preferably the holder of ration card in whose name it is issued or the family member whose name is to be removed. Either way, the applicant has to submit the ration card copy plus proofs as supporting documents.

  7. is it possible to post consen office

  8. Hello
    Mera naam kat gaya hai mere papa k rasan card se ab mujhe mere pati k rasqn card m naam add karwana hai but noc nai hai mujhe kya lagana hoga

  9. What is Ration card bearing number

    1. ration card number

      you can find the number at the top of the ration card page

  10. Sir,
    mera parivaar ak state se dusre state m shift ho gya ab muje yaha per ration card kase banwau

  11. My family was shifted to one state to other State ,What is process to use ration card for .
    Kindly suggest same.

    1. Visit nearest Food & Civil Supplies Office.
      Submit a written application for transfer of ration card from one state to another.
      Submit present proof of address and pay necessary application fees.

      Your application will be processed after that and you can use the ration card in that new state.

  12. My father delete my name from ration card some family problem now i got married i dont hava name cancelled letter how i get new ration card


Post a Comment

Leave your comments and queries here. We will try to get back to you.